22 Lessons Learned: Travels

National Identity Cards in France There are so many people who often ask about what’s a national identity card and to where one could request for it. The national identity card is considered to be an official document which has been issued by the French Administration through a consulate or embassy if you are ever living abroad. This is going to help in proving your identity and your nationality as well. It is a secure document that comes with personal information which help in protecting it from fraud. The national ID card actually is valid and free or for 10 years. Though you could travel at various countries with your ID card, it’s not a permit to travel. But you can actually use it in order to travel that is within EU and also to some countries. You may however do checks at the French Foreign Office. For individuals who are still under the age of 18 and are traveling with their ID card without their parents or legal guardian, they should possess an authorization when they leave the country. The consulate is the one who will do the authorization process.
Lessons Learned from Years with Options
At the time of the application, the applicant has to be come in person to collect their ID card and should return the previous one because this is owned by the French State.
On Resources: My Experience Explained
Children that are under 18 don’t really need to come in person, but the parents or legal guardian has to bring their family book or documentation that will help prove the parental authority. If in case you fail to collect your ID card within 3 months from its scheduled ready date, this will be destroyed. You need to be aware on the reminder regarding identity documents and visas that you should effectively check which documents are needed in entering and staying in your destination country. You will be able to find the information regarding this matter at the embassy or the consulate of the specific country in France. There are actually certain countries to which needs passports to be valid for several months after your return. Only the valid National Identity Card is needed in traveling within EU or the European Union. It is a good idea that you keep copies of the documents at home and get at least 2 identity photos. When you have lost your national identity card or passport or that this was stolen during your trip from abroad, it is essential to first make a statement at the local police station. Based through the statement given, the consulate of France or Embassy will draw up the emergency passport or pass which depends however on the case. You need to be aware though that fees will apply and the formality is going to take time.